me?

My photo
if you ever arrived in hell, keep walking.

9/26/2012

2 plus 1

One thing I haven't mention on my last post.. I am now officially and legally being twenty one! *claps*
God is sooo good! Since my 17th birthday, I always have a memorable birthday every year. And my last birthday could be the most memorable and dumbest birthday ever!!

So it happened that I was planning to celebrate my birthday with some new friends I met at the orientation.. I was excited (absolutely) and had everything planned beforehand until I found out that my passport was... gone just about one day before my birthday. I. was. extremely. worried.
I've been looking for my passport for 5 days like everywhere, every spot that I could think of. Room: checked. Campus: checked. Shopping malls: checked. I even went to the police but it happened that they didn't take any report for lost passport anymore. Tried to call Indonesian embassy like dozen times but the line couldn't get through (hello? u guys there?). I first planned not to tell my mom about this but I just couldn't handle it that I told almost everyone I connected with at that time to ask for prayers and little bit of support *shy*

Here are some tips for those of you who happened to lost your passport:
1. Be panic! 10-15 minutes should be enough and after that stay calm. You can't think of anything if you get panic. Try to remember the last place you keep your passport and every single places you have visited recently.
2. Try to look for it slowly and carefully. It might slipped between your clothes, or it was under your bed and covered with something, or you dropped it somewhere else. Try to search for it two or three times until you sure its not there.
3. Find your Student Service in the campus/uni. They could help you a lot as they did for me. I reported my lost almost a week after it's gone since I thought I could handle it myself but I actually wasted pretty much time worrying. The counselor helped me to call the embassy even it still couldn't get through at that time. *why oh why* -_____________- so he emailed the embassy as I did earlier and finally the embassy contacted him! they didn't reply my email tho.. *keep wondering why..* :(
4. If you still can't find it, maybe it's time to let it go.. Don't get too attached with your past but move on. Haa! :P you might need to get through several steps to apply for a new passport then a new visa (maybe?) Sorry I couldn't give you much info about this since I've finally found my passport **hooray** - couldn't let you know where I found it since it's the most absurd place one thing could lost-
But from what I found on google, you need to re-apply your visa like the first time: get all your validated papers ready and pay the same *or even bigger* amount for it (around 400 pounds)..

So you still want so carelessly put your passport away??

No comments:

Post a Comment