me?

My photo
if you ever arrived in hell, keep walking.

9/22/2012

Queen's neighbor, huh?

So good to be back! Are you guys alright? (british accent) ;)

This excitement can go on and on since I am finally here in the UK. Can't believe myself that one of 2012 New Year's resolution has finally achieved! I don't even remember writing it down on my note till I found out while packing my stuffs back at home.. amazing right?  :')

Anyway it has been exactly two weeks since I left home. No more jet lag, always have a good meals, lots of walking, and I even have a good sleep everyday.. hahaha *wondering why* since on my first few weeks in Malaysia three years ago, exactly the same feeling (homesick), I always woke up in the midnight feeling lonely *shy*

So it happened.. I took a long 15 hours flight from Jakarta - Dubai - Birmingham but it was a pleasant trip, surprisingly. Oh wait, my advise before you took any flight: most airlines offer online check-in nowadays so you better do it since it cuts the super long queue, and you can even choose your seats *I'm a newbie, so that's why..*
I didn't know uni's life could be this different compared to what I usually see. Haa! It's a good thing though..
1. The Uni spent two weeks just to welcome the new students (which is a good thing since we need to familiarize with the city, weather, people, and so on..) They have a different activities everyday to let the students blend with the others! *I didn't experience this when I was in college*
2. Fresher Fair! I didn't know that Uni could be this fun! On my previous college, I barely saw 100 students in one day HAHAHA so don't ever mention hundreds of people, tens of communities giving out freebies and promoting their clubs, and have some fun outside the campus! *loveit*
3. I barely had one-on-one tutorial back then, so just yesterday I met one of my lecture and she is lovely! Once again, I didn't know Uni can be this concerned with their students, about how they fit in with the people and accommodation in Birmingham, just to create a pleasant studying environment. *clap*
4. To be honest, I was expecting a very big and old and scary campus building to give that 'Hogwarts' feeling.. lol But anyway my BIAD (Birmingham Institute of Arts and Design) campus isn't bad either. It's kinda hard to find the building at first since it hides between Aston campus buildings, but since the people is really helpful, I like it! (the canteen is pretty small tho. I can't find seat during lunch hours)
5. Old proverb says, "Seek knowledge up to the China",  but I guess now it has changed since lotssss of the Chinese themselves studying in the UK :P

There are so much other things that I have yet to know.. nevertheless it keeps me excited! *yayy*


some places I found on the first weeks in B town

during Art Festival 2012
such a lovely building
can't. resist. it. anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment